- Ultra Electronics, NSPI Helps Keep New Orleans Dry (PDF)
- Weed Fiber Optic Communication Modules Integrated into Marine Security Systems (PDF)
- Weed Fiber Optic Multiplexers Improve Reliability of Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) at Coal Fired Power Stations (PDF)
- Ethernet is Moving Out of the Office into Harsh Industrial Environments (PDF)
- Ultra Deepwater Drilling Control System (PDF)
- Water/Wastewater Projects (PDF)
- DIN Rail Mount Switched Media Converters (PDF)
Ultra Electronics, NSPI pioneered the use of Fiber Optics in industrial automation and process control applications and now has more units installed than any other Industrial Fiber Optic Converter supplier.
The rapid growth in the use of Fiber Optics in industrial and process control markets has been driven by the inherent advantages of the technology over copper. These include:
- SPEED: Fiber optic networks operate at high speeds – up into the gigabits
- BANDWIDTH: Large carrying capacity
- DISTANCE: Signals can be transmitted further without needing to be “refreshed” or strengthened.
- RESISTANCE: Excellent resistance to electromagnetic noise such as radios, motors or other nearby cables.
- MAINTENANCE: Fiber optic cables cost much less to maintain than copper cables.
Ultra Electronics, NSPI Fiber Optic Modems are frequently specified where the following application considerations exist:
- Galvanic separation
- Lightning immunity
- Large bandwidth networking
- Long data transmission distances
- Intrinsically safe (hazardous area) operation
- Wet processing
- RFI/EMI immunity
- Highly secure and reliable communications are required
Ultra Electronics, NSPI Fiber Optic Modems are available for use in the following industries and markets:
- Life Sciences
- Military and Merchant Marine
- Oil and Gas
- Power Generation (Fossil, Nuclear and Wind)
- Power Transmission and Distribution
- Rail Transportation
- Water Utilities
Supplying robust and reliable technology is only a part of being a fiber networking solution provider. Our business is about creating and maintaining business relationships. This entails understanding your company’s requirements and the specific details of your project. As a result, Weed is able to configure fiber networking systems that will both meet your present needs as well as grow with your company in the future.